Did you know? Children are extra sensitive to colors.
Visualization of the color can affect behavior, body movements and speech. That’s why the colors are very important in the development of children. Colorful environment have a positive impact on your childâ€™s psyche.
Know how each color affects:
- Red- Red has the ability to stimulate body and mind, increasing heart and breathing rates. Too much exposure to red can cause aggressive behavior in kids.
- Social color- Orange is said to encourage confidence, cooperation, extroversion and independence. This child friendly color is very social in nature.
- Yellow- We all symbolise yellow as a color of joy and friendliness. Did we know it has a role in boosting brain development? Mild color can aid concentration, while brighter ones can increase memory.
- Blue- Blue reminds me of sky; of ocean. They bring peace to my mind. It can be introduced to children who throw tantrums. It soothes the feelings of aggression and anxiety by lowering heart rate.
- Green- Green is the color of nature. Scientists have also found that green may improve a child’s reading speed and comprehension.
– Learning Outside the Classroom (LOtC) is encouraged in Oi curriculum.
- Pink- We always associate pink to girls. This color leaves a calming feel. Probably, that is how girls are calm and empathic in nature.
Letâ€™s make it colorful!
Tell us: What is your child’s favorite color and how do you introduce this color in his space?