Yes, it’s the Monsoon, the season of showers. The rain brings along with it the beauty of nature,
sparkling raindrops, bright rainbows and sizzling thunders. This season is the most awaited,
especially by little ones. Children enjoy going out and playing in the rain, they love floating
paper boats and jumping into little water puddles.
All children enjoy the early days of monsoon, but as the rain becomes stronger they cannot go
out to play and we often hear them singing their favorite rhyme, “Rain, rain, go away, come
again another day, little Johnny wants to play”!
Here’s why you should send your child to school on a rainy day:
- Monsoons can be made fun at school. It’s a good time to introduce the theme of
weather and seasons. Preschoolers love to learn about different types of weather and
- Children can observe the weather outside. Weather observations can be as simple as
gathering them at the window and have them describe what the weather is like.
- At school, children are encouraged to see and observe the weather carefully. They are
also made to pay attention to the sound of the rain as the music that it makes when it
hits various surfaces like metal, water, leaves is very interesting. Most importantly,
spending time observing and listening to these sounds of the rain will help balance the
- When it is not raining heavily, children are taken for a walk, while making sure that they
are dressed appropriately. Children are close to nature and so are their senses, it gives
them immense joy when they are outdoors.
- There is no “bad” weather as such, it’s only how you perceive it. So unless you teach
your child that rain is bad, they will love the rain and enjoy it.
- Your child will set a good example to other children and with time, more and more
children will love going to school on a rainy day and having fun in the rain. Learning how
to adapt to rainy, cold weather helps your child become more resilient both in body and
You might wonder how your child will be safe during the rains but this is something that you
needn’t worry about. Teachers at school make sure they take all necessary precautions to keep
your child safe and warm even when it is pouring.
Hence, let us practice sending our kids to school even on a rainy day and let them enjoy the
beauty of nature!